Contemporary Food Technology
basic academic studies
One purpose of the program is to create high-skilled professionals for a wide spectrum of tasks based on the practical application of theoretical and practical knowledge from the field of food technology which includes preparation, processing, production, preservation, testing and control of food. The aim of this is solving particular operation problems of business and public sector entities. The basic academic study program Contemporary Food Technology gives students a chance to acquire the necessary knowledge, intellectual and practical skills and competences which are socially justified and useful. Fulfilling the job market’s evident requirements for qualified staff in the field of contemporary food technology is part of the study program’s purpose.
The study program Contemporary Food Technology is conceptualized so that it enables education of modern personnel according to international standards.
Hence the aim of this study program to reflect changes in the field of food technology and scientific disciplines studied within it. One goal of this study program is to prepare students for further advancements of their knowledge and to keep up with science developments from the field of food technology and related disciplines. Also, another goal of the basic academic study program Contemporary Food Technology is educating students for the profession of Bachelor of Science in Technology to meet the needs of business development in the Republic of Serbia.
Another purpose of the basic academic study program Contemporary Food Technology is to prepare students for continuation of formal education, further training, keeping up with science developments in the field of food technology and to fill a wide array of potential positions:
Researcher in the field of food technology,
Researcher in the field of chemical technology,
Confectionery production technologist,
Fruit and vegetable processing technologist,
Wheat processing technologist,
Meat and fish processing technologist,
Milk processing technologist,
Alcohol, yeast and acid production technologist,
Ready-to-eat food production technologist,
Animal product making and processing technologist,
Plant-based goods production and processing technologist,
Beverage production technologist,
Bread, pastry and pasta production technologist,
Product application chemical technologist and all other occupations relating to the private and public sector in the areas of research, production, processing, preparation, preservation and control of food, as well as, primary and high school teaching positions aiming at instructing students in the subject group related to the field of food technology.
The primary goal of the Contemporary Food Technology study program is the education of bachelors of science in technology through acquisition of theoretical and practical knowledge, expertise, competences and skills for professional and responsible performance in the field of food technology.
- training students to implement the necessary knowledge from fundamental science disciplines;
- providing theoretical knowledge and professional competence about technological characteristics of fruit and vegetables, auxiliary materials, additives, operations during the technological procedure of fruit and vegetable goods production;
- mastering preservation procedures at low and high temperatures, salt-curing and dry-curing, meat, deli-meat, can and technological equipment production technology;
- providing essential theoretical knowledge and mastering specific practical skills from the area of dairy processing and production;
- acquiring theoretical and practical knowledge of grains as a resource, as well as knowledge of the basic principles and technological procedure of processing wheat and making bakery products;
- mastering theoretical and practical fundamentals of chocolate production technology and other cocoa-based products, hard candy, biscuits and related products;
- acquainting students with basic chemical, technological and other properties of plant-based medicinal and spice materials for production of teas, tea blends, bioactive and spice products for food industries;
- gaining knowledge on modern methods of quality control, techniques, machines and preparation apparatuses, preservation methods and conditions of storing products of animal or plant origin;
- introducing students to theoretical fundamentals of beer brewing, apparatuses used in its production and procedures applied;
- acquiring necessary knowledge on non-alcoholic beverage production, juice and nectar, including non-alcoholic beverage quality control.
- attaining theoretical and practice knowledge on the basic principles and technological procedures of wine and alcoholic beverage production;
- learning theoretical aspects of biologically valuable nutrients in food and principles of diet;
- gaining essential theoretical and practical knowledge in the areas of drying, cooling and freezing food products, construction and insulation of cooling and transport systems, product storage, temperature and humidity maintenance in cooling chambers.
- promotion of analytic and synthetic mode of thinking, logical approach to predicting solutions to practical problems and their consequences as well as expertise in the area of food preparation, processing, packaging, storing and control;
- use of deductive and inductive methods, procedures and research processes as well as readiness for science research processes in food preparation, processing, storing and control, production organization and food security in all forms of science research;
- development and application of critical and self-critical thinking at work and when solving practical problems;
- implementation of gained knowledge and skills in realistic settings and a possibility of independent and team work as well as ability to monitor and implement new technology, innovation and regulations within the field;
- development of communication skills and accuracy as well as cooperation with immediate social and international environment with a view to receive new knowledge and experiences contributing to further professionalism and professional development;
- realizing the importance of and adherence to professional ethics, complying with the academic and professional code, responsible attitude in the social community;
Candidates who have completed four years of high school and passed the entrance exam are eligible to enroll in the first year of basic academic studies.
To access Call for Enrollment click HERE