New Sources of Energy
basic academic studies
The goal of the New Sources of Energy study program is the education of highly qualified personnel, graduate mechanical engineers to work in economic entities or institutions and organizations whose primary activity is based on the use of new energy sources. The study program enables students to acquire the necessary theoretical concepts and practical engineering knowledge during their studies as well as appropriate intellectual skills and competencies that are socially justified and useful. The goal of this study program is to meet the evident needs of the labor market in our country for qualified personnel in the field of mechanical engineering and process engineering.
The New Sources of Energy study program is designed to enable the education of modern personnel in the field of new energy sources.
Therefore, the aim of this study program is to reflect the changes in the field of mechanical engineering and other scientific disciplines that are studied at this faculty and to be based on the internship of more eminent higher education institutions in our country and abroad. The aim of the study program is to enable students to continue their education, to monitor and apply scientific achievements in the field of new energy sources and related disciplines, as well as to contribute to national technological development and improvement of overall energy efficiency at the national level. Accordingly, the study program has the function to implement the Strategy of Professional and Technological Development of the Republic of Serbia, through the preservation and development of the overall scientific – research potential and a fund of general knowledge, being important factors of Serbia’s inclusion in European integration processes. The purpose of the study program is to educate students and provide the necessary competencies to perform a wide range of possible occupations.
- Production and Machinery Maintenance Engineer;
- Engineer of Production and Machine and Plant Maintenance;
- Engineer of Production and Maintenance of Thermo Technical Machines and Plants;
- Researcher in the field of Mechanical Engineering;
- Constructor of Machine and Plant Process;
- Constructor of Thermal Power Plants;
- Hydraulic and Pneumatic Device Constructor;
- Constructor of Hydropower Plants;
- Mechanical Engineer;
- Mechanical Engineering Designer;
- Designer of Metal Structures;
- Designer of Thermo Technical Devices;
- Designer of Hydropower Plants, as well as other occupations related to the design, production, maintenance and use of modern energy technology, with the aim of maximizing the exploitation of solar energy, wind energy, water and other renewable energy sources.
The goals of the New Sources of Energy study program are compatible with the mission and goals of the higher education institution and include mastering knowledge and specific practical skills and achieving engineering competencies necessary for future career development in the field of mechanical engineering and new energy sources.
The main goal of the study program is the education of graduate mechanical engineers, through the acquisition of modern theoretical and practical knowledge, necessary competencies, abilities and skills for professional and responsible activities in the field of innovative energy sources, process technology and mechanical engineering.
Students get the opportunity to check and broaden their knowledge abroad with this coordinated curriculum and study program which are in accordance with the curriculum and programs of institutions from European Union countries based on the principles of the Bologna Declaration. Accordingly, the goal of the study program is to provide appropriate knowledge that will enable the mobility of candidates at the national and international level. The study program enables students to acquire necessary knowledge, appropriate intellectual and practical skills and necessary competencies to work in professional practice.
- mastering the theoretical principles and concepts of fundamental disciplines in the field of mechanical engineering; achieving professional competencies of students from different fields of process technique and technology through scientific-professional and professional-applied subjects;
- understanding and applying theoretical and practical engineering knowledge in the field of renewable energy sources;
- affirmation, encouragement of wider implementation, improvement and development of renewable energy sources and energy efficiency of economic entities and participants in the public sector;
- performing work in the field of design, production, maintenance and use of machines and plants that exploit new energy sources;
- acquiring an adequate basis for further scientific – research work, science contribution and further formal education in master academic studies.
development of analytical and synthetic way of thinking, as well as a logical approach in predicting the solution of practical problems and their consequences;
mastering deductive and inductive research methods, procedures and processes;
development and application of critical and self-critical thinking in work and solving practical problems;
implementation of acquired knowledge and skills in practice, the possibility of independent and team work;
development of communication skills and abilities, as well as cooperation with the specific social and international environment in order to accept new knowledge and experiences that should contribute to the further development of professional development;
recognition of the importance and respect for professional ethics, respect for the academic and professional code, responsible behavior in the community.
Candidates who have completed four years of high school and passed the entrance exam are eligible to enroll in the first year of basic academic studies.
To access Call for Enrollment click HERE