Road Traffic Engineering
basic academic studies
The aim of the Road Traffic Engineering study program is to train highly qualified personnel to perform a wide range of jobs based on the practical application of theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of planning, design, regulation, traffic management, road safety and transport and solving specific business problems in the business and public sector. The goal of the study is to acquire the necessary intellectual and professional abilities, skills and competencies to work in economic entities whose primary activity is traffic and infrastructure planning, traffic safety, design, regulation and management of road network, capacity design and operation of roads, as well as the transport of passengers and goods; manufacturing and service companies, designing houses, bureaus, statistical research institutions, urban institutes and other institutions engaged in research, planning and design in the field of transport and security, transport and logistics. The study program is designed to enable the education of highly qualified personnel in the field of road traffic in accordance with relevant international standards and modern trends in planning, design, regulation, traffic management, traffic safety and transport, as well as the practice of eminent higher education institutions in the country and the European Union.
The Road Traffic Engineering study program is designed to enable the education of modern personnel in the field of Road Traffic Engineering.
The purpose of the Road Traffic Engineering study program is to train students to continue formal education, further specialization, monitoring of scientific achievements in the field of road traffic, as well as to perform a wide range of possible occupations (according to the Occupation Code List) such as:
- Transport Manager;
- Head of the Urban Transit System;
- Technical Director of Transport;
- Supply and Distribution Manager;
- Logistics Support Manager;
- Inspector for Road and Public Transport;
- Inspector for Public Roads;
- Traffic Researcher;
- Researcher in the Field of Urbanism;
- Traffic Planner, as well as other occupations related to: management, design, regulation, planning, transport and safety of road traffic of passengers, goods or cargo; work in traffic, transport, production, logistics companies; work in insurance companies; work in educational institutions on the education of students in subjects in the field of traffic engineering; work in state bodies, directorates and local self-governments on tasks that include planning and designing traffic infrastructure and transport.
The goals of the study program are compatible with the mission and goals of the higher education institution where the education of specialists in the field of traffic engineering is performed and the development of intellectual and professional competencies, abilities and specific practical skills needed for career development in road traffic, transport and traffic safety. The main goal of the Road Traffic Engineering study program is the education of graduate traffic engineers, through the acquisition of modern theoretical and practically applicable knowledge for professional and responsible work in the field of planning, organizing, regulating, traffic management, transport, traffic systems and traffic safety. The aim of the study program is to enable future traffic engineers to: successfully apply the acquired knowledge to solve practical business problems, apply modern traffic – transport solutions to improve business processes and traffic activities, develop initiative and ability to maximize the use and exploitation of traffic systems and take a creative approach to problem solving, decision-making and implementation in the areas of road transport, freight and passenger transport and traffic safety.
- achieving professional competencies from different fields of road traffic through scientific – professional and professional – applied subjects;
- doing business and solving specific problems in the field of safety, planning, transport, organization, technology, regulation and management of road traffic;
- ensuring continuous improvement of the quality of transport systems, technology and organization of transport and infrastructure, self-employment of highly qualified staff in the field of planning, traffic design and transport, acquiring an adequate basis for further scientific research work, science contribution and further formal education in master academic studies.
- developing analytical and synthetic way of thinking, as well as logical approach in predicting solutions to practical problems and their consequences, as well as skills in security, planning, transport, organization, technology, traffic regulation and management for analysis and synthesis of problem solutions and adequate decision making;
- mastering deductive and inductive methods, procedures and research processes, as well as ability for scientific research process in the field of planning, transport, organization, technology, regulation and traffic safety in all forms of scientific work;
- development and application of critical and self-critical thinking in the work and solution of practical problems and skills in the field of safety, planning, transport, regulations, technology, traffic regulation and management;
- application of acquired knowledge and skills in practice, the possibility of independent and team work and the ability to monitor and accept technologies, regulations, regulation and safety of road traffic, as well as innovations in the profession;
- development of communication skills, as well as cooperation with the social and international environment in order to accept new knowledge and experiences that should contribute to further professionalism and professional development;
- recognizing the importance and respect for professional ethics, respect for academic and professional codes and responsible behavior in the community;
Candidates who have completed four years of high school and passed the entrance exam are eligible to enroll in the first year of basic academic studies.
To access Call for Enrollment click HERE