Business Economics and Information Technology
basic academic studies
Academic Year Commencement
4 years BAS
One of the study program’s objectives is to create high-skilled professionals for a wide spectrum of tasks based on the practical application of integrated knowledge from the fields of business information technology and economics. The aim of this is solving particular operation problems of business and public sector entities. Part of the objective is to educate and prepare students to solve economic problems and realize economic targets through the use of business information technology methods and tools. In modern civilization this has become an inevitable kind of knowledge and is a comparative advantage when searching for employment considering that business entities operating without computer use are practically non-existent.
The study program Business Economics and Information Technology is conceptualized to facilitate modern professional education in the sphere of business and information technology.
Business entities in the current business context face permanent fluctuations on the market. In such an unpredictable atmosphere sustainable competitiveness and market position become the priority of every business. The realization of such a priority entails application of innovative knowledge and skills that are vastly different from traditional ones. Such innovative knowledge and skills represent integrated economic and information technology competences which enable agile responses to market changes, a high level of flexibility and organizational knowledge that enhances performance of organizational functions, operation processes, strategic position of business entities and it increases their value. Businesses must employ professionals who simultaneously possess the necessary knowledge from the fields of business economy and information technology because recruiting such multifunctional staff reduces organizational costs multiple times over and contributes to generating added value which finally leads to overall operation growth. In an information society and with the general tendency of not only business entities but also the public sector to improve their operation by implementing integrated business – IT and economic knowledge, preparing students for such professions and occupations is indubitably socially justified and useful.
One of the aims of the study program is educating students and providing the necessary competences for a wide array of potential occupations:
internet service manager,
business digitalization manager,
digital marketing sector manager,
digital trading sector manager,
electronic business sector manager,
information systems analyst, architect and manager;
data processing manager,
ICT system consultant and manager,
internet business development expert,
database architect, analyst and administrator,
IT hardware maintenance manager,
website and web designer,
website development and architecture expert,
business process analyst,
ICT quality assurance analyst,
customer support assistant,
business IT consultant,
primary and high-school student education in the field of business IT,
civil service and local community service with application of business IT,
entrepreneur in the field of digital economy and business IT implementation.
Goals of the study program cover staff education in the field of business information technology who: successfully implement acquired knowledge to solve practical business problems, apply modern business IT solutions for improving management, accounting, marketing, production, human resources and other areas in the sense of business processes and organizational functions. They successfully implement integrated business IT knowledge to develop digital business in various areas, develop initiative and ability to independently maximize internet use efficiency in business, implement decisions in different areas of business with application of business IT.
- use integrated theoretical business IT and economics knowledge to facilitate business entities’ operation in the business and public sectors and to solve real world problems;
- perform tasks in the areas of business information technology and business IT support to public and business sector entities;
- develop and implement business information systems;
- perform tasks in the areas of digital economy and digital business;
- develop organizational functions and do tasks in the spheres of digital economy and electronic business;
- develop and promote business entities’ processes by use of business IT solutions;
- achieve self-employment and entrepreneurship in the fields of digital economy and business IT implementation in operations
- obtain an adequate foundation for further science research, science contribution and continued formal education in master academic studies.
The study program is structured in a way that follows the standards regarding the number of compulsory and optional courses, and achieves balance among academic – educational, theoretical – methodological, scientific and professional, and applied professional courses which facilitate the realization of the study program’s goals and learning outcomes. The compulsory courses provide the essential theoretical knowledge while the optional courses provide content approximately corresponding to individual students’ interests and capabilities. In the second, third and fourth year of study students select two out of three optional courses.
Registering individual courses or groups of courses is not conditioned by previously passed exams in one or more courses determined by the study program.
Note: The study program does not allow for courses from other study programs to be chosen due to different educational – scientific fields.
- promotion of analytic and synthetic mode of thinking, logical approach to predicting solutions to practical problems and their consequences;
- use of deductive and inductive methods, procedures and research processes;
- development and application of critical and self-critical thinking at work and when solving practical problems;
- implementation of gained knowledge and skills in realistic settings and a possibility of independent and team work;
- development of communication skills and accuracy as well as cooperation with immediate social and international environment with a view to receive new knowledge and experiences contributing to further professionalism and professional development;
- realizing the importance of and adherence to professional ethics, complying with the academic and professional code, responsible attitude in the social community.
- thorough understanding of business IT issues and the field’s application in management, accounting, marketing, electronic business, IT economics, entrepreneurial economics;
- solving practical problems with use of scientific methods and procedures and critical thinking;
- synthesizing theoretical and practical knowledge from the fields of business information technology and economics and their integrated application;
- permanently keeping up with novel developments in the area of business information technology and digital economy and their implementation;
- development of professional skills and accuracy when using acquired knowledge in practice;
- use of information and communication technology to attain knowledge from the area of business information technology;
Candidates who have completed four years of high school and passed the entrance exam are eligible to enroll in the first year of basic academic studies.
To access Call for Enrollment click HERE.
The decision on the tuition fees and service pricelist for academic year 2020/2021